Western Mustangs Athletic Alumni
After the celebration of 100 years of Mustangs Athletics in 2013-14, Western's two official athletic alumni chapters, The “W” Club and the Women’s Athletic Alumnae (WAA), joined efforts in support of the next 100 years of Western Mustangs Athletics. This one organization is now known as the Western Mustangs Athletic Alumni.
The Western Mustangs Athletic Alumni aims to build pride, to encourage and promote lifelong connections amongst Western’s athletes, coaches and staff while upholding the purple and proud tradition and heritage of Mustangs Athletics, and helping to provide a competitive advantage to our current athletes and programs.
In 2017, the WMAA established a Grants Committee which serves to provide support for university-sanctioned Western athletic teams hosting alumni events. In 2018-2019 alone, we supported track and field, rowing, soccer, basketball, football, wrestling, and more . . . These teams have hosted events such as Hall of Fame dinners, wine and cheese receptions, pub nights, and team anniversaries. Together with Sports and Recreation Services, and Western Alumni, we aim to support Western’s wide variety of teams - and we’d love to work with you! Click HERE for the Grant Application and more information.
The Western Mustangs Athletic Alumni (WMAA) would like to welcome Heather Raymond as their new part time Digital communications Coordinator for 2021-22.
Have questions? Contact Jacquie Rose or Dory Mounsey, Senior Development Officer in Sports and Recreation Services.
If you are interested and would like to learn more about programs and events, engaging athletic alumni, or volunteering with the group please contact us at email@example.com or reach one of our current President, Dennis Hinschberger or Alumni Relations staff partner Jacquie Rose.
- Dennis Hinschberger, BA'86, President
- Angela Schneider, BA'82, MA'85, MA'87, PhD'93; Past – President
- Patricia Kitchen, BA'74, BEd'75, MA'77, President-Elect, Co-Chair Western Mustangs Hall of Fame Selection Committee and Chair, Nominating Committee
- Rick Odegaard, BA'69, Director, Treasurer & Chair, Governance Committee
- Bill McDonnell, BA'75, BEd'76, Director, Co-Chair, Western Mustangs Sports Hall of Fame Selection Committee
- Sherri Castrilli, BA'99, Director and Chair, Event Committee
- Janet Takahashi, BA'79, BEd'80, Director
- Lewis Kent, BA'16, Director
- Alexander Marchand, BSc’18, Director
- Abigail Tulloch, HBA’02, MBA’, Director
- Tamra Walji, BA’96, Director
- Christine Stapleton, Director of Sports and Recreation Services
- Executive Director of Alumni Relations
- Mark Brown, President of The Alumni Association
- Ted Hessel, BA’58, BA’67
- Helen Luckman, MEd’82
- Bob Pearson, BA’63
- Mike Sheffar, BA’89
- Helena Smeenk-Pritchard, BA’73
- Marty Day, HBA'80
- Guy Zink, BA'74, BEd'75
- Therese Quigley, BA'75, BEd'77
- Mary Riezebos, BA'74, BA'75, MA'80